Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hospital Again

Hello World!

So I'm back in the hospital. I was admitted last night. They did another chest x-ray to see about the pneumonia. They also started the IV medications right away. I'm taking Tobramycin, Vancomycin and Meropenum. I'm actually allergic to the Vancomycin. I get "redman's syndrome," Which makes me itchy all over and get red bumps like hives. And then my throat and mouth swell, WONDERFUL! haha. So they have to drip the vanco in extra slow and I have to take benadryl before. It seems to works and keep my body in check.

Well I woke up this morning, well kind of woke up, feeling awful! I didn't get much sleep last night. Lots of coughing and tossing and turning. I also had some serious night sweats. So when morning hit my whole ached and I was incredibly tired. My chest hurt, my back hurt, my neck hurt. Aren't I suppose to feel better here? haha. I spent most of the day drugged by benadryl, which makes me very sleepy. I have actually fallen asleep mid conversation with the doctor while on benadryl. Ha. I managed to be awke to eat lunch and dinner. Slept through breakfast. It has felt like a long day.

O and one other thing. This afternoon when my nurse can to hook me up to my fluids. She makes the comment that all the Alcohol wipes had to be recalled because the cantained bacteria on them! Whaaat!?!? So the wipe you just used to "sterelize" my port could be contaminated iwth bacteria!? Great. So hopefully nothing developes in the next fews days and I don't have any new bacteria infections. That is pretty much the last thing I need.

Breathe Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment