Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Got to Start Somewhere

Hello World!

So about a week ago I celebrated my 31st birthday and Brian celebrated his 35th! It was wonderful! Since Brian and I's birthdays are only 10 days apart we basically celebrate in little bits for 10 days. We had a nice family dinner one night with people from both sides of the family, we went to see The Blue Man group in Boston, had a lunch out with some friends, and splurged for a new PlayStation 4. All in all we both had great birthdays!

As for my health, about a week ago I woke up feeling great. Like better than I have in a long time. I'm not exactly sure why. I'm only on 1 new medication, symbacort - which I really don't think would cause this big change. I'm on schedule to see my CF team for a clinic on March 13th. I'm hoping when I do my lung function test that day it reflects how I feel. I would LOVE to see an increase in my numbers. Or if nothing else it stays the same, I don't know what I'll do if I see it drop again. That being said, my CF team has always told me - as well as my transplant team - it's not always about the numbers. How I FEEL means more than anything else. So I'll take this great feeling and run with it. The best thing I can do is while my lungs feel good - work my muscles! That means back on the elliptical. I'm nervous but ready. Got to start somewhere right?

No other news really. Just going day to day at the moment. With the weather this week being in the low 60s I'm so ready for spring and summer. Longer days with bright warm sunshine is what I crave. Working on our future goat pen is a project I'm excited to get into this spring. Along with planning a party for my 5th year anniversary for my lung transplant. Looking forward for the coming events.

Breathe Easy

1 comment: