Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Saturday, December 3, 2011


Hello World!

So Its official I WILL be going to Cleveland Clinic in Ohio (I live in New Hampshire) the week before Christmas (12/17-12/23) to meet with their Transplant team and hopefully get on their Transplant list. After that I will be listed at 2 places, so hopefully my chances increase!

I really had a hard time deciding this is REALLY what I wanted. For a few reasons. One being I have to be deactivated from Boston's list while I travel out to Ohio and back. This is because I will be going out of Boston's region. When I get back to NH I will be placed back at the top of the list but for a week I will be considered "inactive." So lungs, DON'T come that week, I don't want to miss you!!

Another reason I struggled a little with this choice is because of my Dad. He has stage 4 colo-rectal cancer and goes to chemo every week for treatment. Well his latest CT scan showed he had a dangerous blood clot in the artery between his heart and lungs. So he is at a HUGE risk of heart attack or the clot moving to his brain. SCARRRYYY!!! He has to start taking Heparin shots in his stomach twice a day to hopefully break up the clot and prevent more. This also means he can't travel to Ohio with us. Well he could be it is not recommended at all! So I and my Mother who will travel with me have to leave him for a week. I know, a week doesn't seem that long but still. I'm very worried something will happen while we are away and there won't be anything we can do about it.

Originally the whole family, parents and brothers were going to come with me to Ohio but now its just going to be my Mom. My brothers and Dad will stay in NH. The thought is that IF I end up getting transplanted in Ohio, so I'll have to stay there for a few months, my brothers and dad will come out then. But for just this week they will stay home and hold down the fort.

Fingers crossed everything goes without a hiccup, but that has not been our family luck lately. So needless to say our house has been filled with some stress these past few weeks. The best thing to happen would just be Boston calls BEFORE I have to leave for Cleveland and I get my Transplant in the next few weeks. That's what I'm really hoping for, but we will see what happens.

I've waited this long for my perfect pair, whats another couple weeks?

Breathe Easy


  1. Sweetie, I'm sending massive good thoughts to all of you. Take care.

  2. Cleveland! That's where I go for listing - you will loooooove them. The doctor and the pre-transplant coordinator are wonderful, wonderful people. I can't wait to hear what you think!

    All the best!

  3. Hang in there honey..i know there is alot going on...but I know in my heart your luck is going to change..xo

  4. Thank you guys! I appreciate the kind words! Always helpful! :)