Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Feeling Better

Hello World!

Well 2012 you are not really working for me yet?! Whats the deal. Its July and I've got nothing to show for this year! Oye!! I need some good things to happen.

Well still in the hospital, getting out on Friday though. YAYYYY!!!! I am feeling MUCH better. When I first came into this admission I could barely breathe. I've never felt so short of breath before. I was using my BiPap in the middle of the day just to force air into my lungs because I felt I just couldn't take a deep breath. I was just thinking if this is how things are going to go from now on, I don't know how I would handle that.

Thankfully I don't have to cross that bridge yet. I just gave it a look and decided it was to scary to cross yet. So very glad I'm feeling better. I have another trip to Cleveland in 2 weeks. Not looking forward to being poked and having another ABG but I'm excited to get out of this state for a few days. It is the only kind of 'vacation' I get. Can't wait!

Many people have asked why is it taking so long for me to get lungs. The only answer I can offer you, is what I'm told every time I ask. Its my size. I'm a tiny person only 5 feet tall. My body size is really more of an average 15-16 year old. The problem with that organ donators who are under 18 their organs only go to other under 18 year olds. Which is great, keeps children and adults off the same lists. But at the same time a bummer for me because I'm small. I also have my blood type working against me. I have a rare type, not the rarest, thank God, but still rare enough to cause a delay in the process.

So I'm patiently waiting for all my stars to align. Hopefully it'll be soon. I'm tired of living a limited life. I want more!!!!

Anywho, the 'rest' of my life (not CF related) is doing well. I just finished my final unit of my Dog Training Certification. So I'm super stoked about that. Although now I have to find something else to do. I'm gearing up to be in my cousins wedding. I'm a bridesmaid!!! I went a few weeks ago to get my dress, its beautiful! I'm excited to wear it. The color is great too, a malibu blue. AND the best part she picked out flats for us to wear... AWESOME!! As much as I love heels, I think they are sexy and look great, I can't wear 'em! I look ridiculous trying to walk in heels. My Dad was lovely and once told me I looked like I was holding in a poop while walking. Thanks Dad, you are magical sometimes! Hahaha.

Speaking of my Dad, I am hoping to have good news to share about him in the coming months. I'm not going to talk about it at the moment because I don't want to jinks any good things that may be coming his way. So fingerscrossed!


Breathe Easy

2 comments:

  1. Proper spelling is key. Ahem...

    Well, you've got a whole boatload of people pulling for you. :) And I for one cannot wait to see you in your dress! Flats are definitely better as you don't really want to be doing a "poop walk" down the aisle. Good luck to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Thanks. I prefer the flats too. I will def post pictures of the dress in August.

    ReplyDelete