Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dad

Hello World!

Happy Father's Day!

I of course have the best Dad in the world. If it weren't for him I would be eating spaghetti-o's and mac and cheese everyday. We have the same sense of humor and both love Ellen. Sometimes I call him dad, or pops, pa, papito, poppa-dilly.... just whatever I really come up with. He doesn't mind, haha.

Right now he is battling stage 4 colorectal cancer. He was diagnosed in June 2009. He goes to chemotherapy every week. He hates every second of it! But its keeping him alive, so he tolerates it. He is a fighter. Even his doctor has said he is amazed at how well my dad is tolerating everything. The phrase "living on borrowed time" has been thrown out there. So I am incredibly grateful for everyday I have with him. Even on the days I do nothing but complain about him. I'm still thankful he is around for me to complain about.

With this cancer we (as a family) don't really know how long my dad will be with us. Right now he is doing good, and we are hoping for some good news in the next few months. But I'll share more on that as we get closer.

So today we just had a family day. My brothers came to the lake house. My dad and I stay there all the time in the summer because we are both "disabled." So the bros will come up on the weekends they don't work as well as my Mom. Played some card games (still Skip-Bo Champ!), ate some good food (FroYo Baby!), played some mini golf, played some ladder ball, drank, and laughed a lot. It was a great weekend.


Now its Sunday night. And the house is quiet again, just me, my dad and Tucker.


Breathe Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment