Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Day 6

Hello World!

On day 6 of being in the hospital. Although it feels like FOREVERRRR. This morning I finished my last round of Apheresis. Yayy! This afternoon or tomorrow morning I'll get my first dose of Rituxan. Rituxan is the chemo agent. The first infusion can take anywhere from 6-8 hours depending on how your body reacts to it. It has a whole bunch of fun possible side effects - as would be expected. So while I'm excited to almost be done with this, not really looking forward to this drug. Assuming I don't have any crazy reactions to it, I should be discharged tomorrow!

My biopsies from my bronch last week came back with the answers they all ready thought. So no news there. Over the course of my admission I've had potassium problems again and my kidney function is acting up. They believe these will stabilize once I'm done with all these new medications they are throwing at me. Overall things are moving in the right direction and looking good compared to a couple weeks ago.

Going forward, I've said it before but I'll say it again things will be different. A new regiment. I don't like to use the word "healthier" because that would imply I don't currently do anything right - which is not the case, I just need to do it better. Ask any patient of a chronic illness, you get lackadaisical over time. It's human nature. I need to go back to a stricter, tighter regiment like I had right after my transplant. Back to the basics. Re-instill some better habits, if you will. Because I surely do not want to be stuck out here again anytime soon!

Can't wait to get back home again!

Breathe Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment