Live Life then Give Life, Please be an Organ Donor.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Praying to the Knee Gods

Hello World!

Do you know how hard it is to find a job after being out of work 5 years??

I got a job at Petco for a brief moment. But the people there were just not good people. I'm not someone who will just "do a job." I value my time too much. Which most people will say "beggars can't be choosers." Well I'm not begging. So I get to be choosy!

I just want a job I enjoy, and be able to support myself. I know its possible. Its just frustrating. Some one close to me gave me a nice piece of insight recently, she told me that maybe I haven't found the right job yet because the universe (or God if thats your thing) is giving me this time with my Dad. Not working allows me to spend time with him more. Even if that time is just sitting in the same room watching The Chew. I do value that time. And as he gets worse its always in the fore front of my brain. He may be a many of many words, but they are usually wise words.... or hes making fun of you. Either way I like it!

So I'll continue the job hunt, looking for something that fits me... and I don't have to fit the job. Hopefully something comes along soon though! :)

In other news, I'm digging the warm weatherrrr! Spring and summer are my favorite seasons. I can't wait to get out on the boat again! AND ride a jet ski again! I haven't been able to in years because of my O2 tanks... not anymore!!

In my last post I mentioned I signed up for my first 5K - very exciting! Well I have my first running injury!! Can you believe it! Me... with a running injury!! I can't even believe it! So cool.

Well both my knee joints are close to being shot, thats no fun. No running for 2 weeks and I have some regiment I have to follow that involves ice and stretching and all that hoopla. Hopefully they will be better and I can start running again, or this race is REALLY going to kick my newly growing (thats right 102lb these days baby!) booty!

So if everyone could just send a thought to the Knee Gods, I'd appreciate it.

On twitter recently I've learned of a small warrior.... yes warrior. I had to wait 2yrs 2 months and 2 days for my transplant. Riley O'Brien waited 3yrs 3 months 3 weeks 3 days for his transplant. Riley is 4 years old. He receive a new heart and 2 lungs. Like I said WARRIOR. All my good thoughts go to him right now as he recovers. He has a long of recovery ahead but he has support from across the globe. You can follow him at @Smile4Riley or find them on Facebook " Smile 4 Riley."

Now, go out and register to be an organ donor. You never know what might happen to you the next day. Don't let your wishes go unheard. Talk about, write down, register! It doesn't have to be a morbid subject. Its called the Gift of Life for a reason. Please, if you haven't already, register. www.donatelife.net It takes a matter of seconds... 2 minutes tops depending your internet speed.

Breathe Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment